Digital NL is a North Lanarkshire-wide initiative which will seek to address issues of digital inclusion through a co-ordinated partnership based approach which maximises and co-ordinates all activities which support access to digital technology.
These include services which provide one or a combination of:
- Access to digital equipment – hardware and software
- Formal training in digital technology
- Staff support and supervision in digital technology
The vision of Digital NL is that:
‘…every individual, family and community in North Lanarkshire has access to - and confidence in using - digital technology to improve the quality of their lives’
This is underpinned by the following partnership ‘success statements’:
- We have improved the lives of many people in North Lanarkshire by increasing their use of digital technology.
- Support is available and accessible to everyone in North Lanarkshire to increase their skills and their knowledge of digital technology.
- Individuals and communities in North Lanarkshire are more confident and connected to digital opportunities, and how these can improve their lives.
- No-one in North Lanarkshire is further ‘excluded’ by the increasing use of digital technology.
- We work together in partnership to provide the best service to local people and communities, and make the best use of all resources available.
- We have a guaranteed and consistent standard of support across all recognised digital inclusion access points.